Greeley, CO - 02/22/2016
Charles “Scott” Harrod, MD, has been named medical director for Banner Network Colorado (BNC), a comprehensive provider network serving Larimer and Weld counties in Northern Colorado’s Front Range. Dr. Harrod, an internist with Banner Medical Group, replaces Jonathan Kary, MD, BNC medical director since August 2013, who is returning full-time to his patient practice.
“I am excited for this opportunity to work closely with the BNC administrative team and my BNC provider colleagues to further develop our growing network, to enhance relationships with payer partners, and to continue to strive toward the goal of providing members the ‘Triple Aim’ of high quality care, with an exceptional patient experience, at an affordable cost,” Dr. Harrod said.
As medical director, Dr. Harrod will play a key role in:
- Providing physician input regarding quality measures and expectations for medical providers in BNC clinics
- Serving as liaison between BNC medical providers, the BNC administrative team and the BNC Board of Directors
- Providing oversight of and working with the BNC case management team to develop and improve care coordination for patients
- Providing leadership to participating BNC physicians
- Working with BNC clinical experts to monitor performance of BNC quality targets and develop programs for process improvement
- Representing BNC medical providers during discussions with the BNC administrative team and payer partners
“We are pleased to have Dr. Harrod serve as our medical director,” said Paul Kellogg, vice president for growth in Banner Health’s Western Region and executive director of BNC. “He brings years of experience as a primary care physician and clinical leader, and has demonstrated the enthusiasm and knowledge essential in helping our network manage the health of a growing number of lives in Northern Colorado.”
A board-certified internist, Dr. Harrod has been in practice since 1981, with 25 of those years in Colorado. He joined Banner Medical Group in June 2015.
About Banner Network Colorado
Banner Network Colorado (BNC) is a provider network serving health care policyholders in Larimer and Weld counties in northern Colorado’s Front Range. The network is composed of health care providers such as physicians, hospitals and related medical providers who are linked together to improve the quality of care for patients. These providers make a commitment to work closely together to coordinate all aspects of a patient’s care, to enhance the patient experience and to improve outcomes. More than 300 providers are currently participating in Banner Network Colorado.
About Banner Health
Headquartered in Phoenix, Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country. The system manages 29 acute-care hospitals, provider networks, Banner Medical Group, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other services including family clinics, home care and hospice services, and a nursing registry. Banner Health is in seven states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming.